This, background's on fi-yaaaaaaaa! ♫

   I did it! I have a background! Whee!

    It took a bit of trial and error and a few google searches but I have a background that fills the screen. I took the original image, cartoonified it, cropped it into a wide image and voila.


Screenshot of webpage in full screen:

A website background containing a cartoon image of a campfire at night


    I will probably have to fiddle with the sizing a bit more when I upload characters to lay over it, but I'm kind of proud of just this baby step. My frustration tolerance was below 0 today so I think I did well to get this done.

    Next up, I need to add a text box for users to enter their name/username. I think I'll put it at the bottom, under the fire, with the characters in various poses to the right and left of the flames. I said 5 characters, but I might cut it to 4 for even numbers. And it's probably less important right now, I can add more details later. Must remember not to get sucked into details!

    Also, I came up with a way to remember the syntax needed for CSS ruleset selectors for class and id:

.class : You take classes at certain 'periods' at school. 

#id : ID 'number'.

    Overall, today I did not suck. I'm calling this a win.


Link to HTML code

Link to CSS code

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little less complicated, a little more coding, please. ♫

New Blog, who this?

Rough draft